Deadline: November 12, 2020
Contract Type: Part Time Contract
Project Type: Animated Anthology-Style Web series
Pay Rate: Commensurate on experience
Toronto-based Embreate is seeking concept artists for “Future Now”, our newest sci-fi anthology web series. The role requires an artist to capture visual representations of concepts discussed during a (video) worldbuilding podcast. Sketching would be in real-time as part of the writers room while creators jam on building out new worlds and unlock ideas for characters and scenarios/stories that episodes will be based on.
The Project “Future Now” is an anthology-style animated web series set in Earth’s future where five competing factions battle in the throes of an environmental, economic and cultural revolution to determine humanity’s ultimate destiny. Each webisode is based on actual expert scientific and technological predictions. Episodes are based on the hit series “What If” (which has over 20 million followers across all social channels). See the Future Now Maker Boost page for more information.
Must have an interest in science fiction and bringing new ideas to life. Role is freelance and part-time ongoing. This position involves active listening, narrative drawing, and communicating likenesses based on conversations happening in real-time. Must be imaginative, reliable and collaborative.
- Participate in brainstorming meetings
- Actively listen and assess what is being discussed to create relevant sketches and bring stories to life
- Sketch live as team members discuss science fiction stories
- Interest in science fiction
- Experience with live sketching
- Ability to actively listen and summarize ideas in a visual manner
- Ability to meet deadlines and stay organized in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working creatively and collaboratively with a team
- Strong work ethic
We want to make the process of submitting as easy as possible. Please fill out the job form linked in the button below. You will need to provide:
- A link to up to three (3) examples of your work as it applies to this posting
- If you submit video please direct us to the point(s)/timecodes in your reel that best demonstrate your ability to take on this role.
- Your contact information (name, email, phone number, location)
Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.